About this role
- Provide Human System Integration Subject Matter Expertise to the CSC Project.
- Develop, execute and coordinate Human System Integration in accordance with the Human Systems Integration Program Plan, Regulatory and Statutory requirements, and DND Policy.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the development, documentation, and evaluation of deliverables related to Human Systems Integration.
- Provide support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues related to design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are identified, communicated and recorded.
- Develop subcontractor safety and environmental requirements.
- Provide Human Systems Integration Engineering input to Integrated Project Teams and Working Groups.
- Contribute to Hazard Identification, Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
- Provide guidance to and oversight of junior team members.
- Promote a positive Product/System Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the following fields:
- Human Systems Integration Engineering
- Systems Engineering in large and complex Defence acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations
- Application of Human Systems Integration into new build ships
- Product/System Safety Engineering
- Experience working in design, integration, installation and test of naval systems within warship construction programs
- Application of the Naval Ship Code
- Application of Lloyd’s Register Naval Ship Rules
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB262227
- Location: Halifax
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Shipbuilding
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Friday, May 22, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Human System Integration Engineer - Nova Scotia
Confirmation sent to