About this role
We’re hiring a Senior Financial Manager for our client, a medical isotope manufacturing company, to join their team. This is a permanent position.Responsible for driving the business unit financial performance, strategic planning, business modeling of key commercial and spending proposals and coordinating business process and system improvements that support operational excellence, growth, and other key strategic initiatives in both the business unit and Finance
- Responsible for all financial analysis for the Medical Isotopes business used in financial performance reviews with the executive and leadership team including:
- Review/analysis of monthly financial statements providing identification and explanation of key finance and business drivers of performance and variance to expectation (Plan and/or Outlook)
- Development and presentation of annual Business Plan for the business unit– includes detailed support schedules for revenue and margin by product and customer (volume, price and cost), project and cost centre spending, working capital and capex
- Development and explanation of a monthly and quarterly update of yearly projections (Outlook) based on latest business performance and any change in business conditions/expectations
- Member of the Medical Isotope leadership team that manages the direction of the business
- Supervises and mentors staff reporting directly to this position,
- Review and approval of key commercial and spending proposals
- Supports the strategic direction of Sr-82 supply and demand, including customer pricing and profitability analysis, as well as other products.
- Ability to create financial and investment proposal modeling, valuation and analysis, including risk and sensitivity assessment (i.e. Business Case for new products such as Alpha including metrics such as net present value, internal rate of return and payback period).
- Partner with business leaders on new contract development
- Deliver best practices and sound recommendations to the management team
- Act as a catalyst for the sharing and implementation of best practices across all functional finance areas of the business
- Strong working relationships with senior executives, internal/external customers. A degree in finance or business as well as a CPA designation.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience using sophisticated business modeling in an R&D environment, in a Health/Life Science industry is an asset
- Highly proactive and strong leader with proven ability to influence
- Analytical thinking complemented with an emphasis on delivering results
- Demonstrated understanding of business fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills
- Oracle experience is preferred
- Successfully works in a team environment
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement