About this role
- Major Oilfield Services Company
- Positions available across Australia
- Multiple ongoing opportunities
Brunel are currently working in partnership with a major Oilfield Services Company to recruit across multiple roles for experienced Sample Catchers to support our clients’ operations across Australia.
- Carries out the collection and the processing of cuttings samples, from the planned lagged depths and intervals
- Assists in core recovery and core preservation when required
- Assists the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst in the collection and entry of the rig and well data
- Assists the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst with the Interaction with other service companies’ personnel and Client representatives at the well site, ensuring the prevention of events that may give rise to the wellbore insecurity.
- Assists the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst in the maintenance and calibration of sensors and gas equipment
- Assists the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst with the updates of the End of Well Report section concerning the sample collection, packing and dispatch
- Is aware of, and respects all safety regulations and procedures, as specified by the Client, Drilling Operator, Geoservices or relevant safety authorities.
- Should communicate to the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst all enquiries for more/improved services
- Shares with the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst, the responsibility for rigging up and rigging down the mud logging equipment.
- Confidentiality of Client well data.
- Secondary education as minimum, with a preference of a TAFE technical certificate or diploma
- Previous wellsite or minesite experience
- No travel restrictions and open to FIFO/ relocation in Australia
- English: Qualified Level (TOEFL independent user)
- Able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and Clients, both in written and verbally;
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with the Client and inspire trust and confidence; diplomatic and persuasive style;
- Integrity - accurate and rigorous in data reporting;
- Ability to exercise his/her discretion and independent judgment;
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions;
- Learns quickly and adapts to new systems and situations;
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement;
- Good aptitude for technical and data monitoring and synthetic skills; able to balance a range of different views (Client and Operations);
- A high level of drive, creativity and motivation to deal with problems.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Please note: Australian work rights are required to apply for this position. All applications are treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Simone Bache is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth