About this role
Brunel is currently searching for a Mining Resource Modeler for direct hire with our client in Northern Nevada.
As part of the Mineral Resource Management team, the successful candidate will be results centric adding to our already challenging yet rewarding working environment supporting our mining operations. The ideal candidate will possess a background in Geological Engineering and geo statistical resource estimation;
- contributor to estimation of Resources and Reserves at the mine, responsible for timely delivery of block models for mine planning;
- An emphasis will be placed on development and improvement of block models and estimations supporting mine and business planning;
- Work closely with site geologists to improve the block model representation of geologic controls on mineralization relevant to material routing (ore/waste and processing considerations);
- Support model-mine-mill reconciliation and use results to drive improvements in Resource Models;
- Participate in peer review and provide technical support within the broader company’s Resource Modeling function;
- Training and mentoring within the Resource Modeling team;
- Generate technical reports supporting resource models and contribute to external reporting as required.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Geology or Geological Engineering or equivalent required;
- A minimum of (5) years of experience in mineral exploration, mine geology, ore control, or resource modeling required;
- Experience in geostatistical resource estimation preferred;
- Experience with Vulcan, Leapfrog, or other mining software preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs required;
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills required;
- Ability to work within a team environment and excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required;
- Ability to take initiative on projects and work independently required;
- High level of organization and attention to detail required;
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job required.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact;
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team;
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining;
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless;
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the company’s mine locations;
Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. They are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. They offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!.
Join the Brunel FamilyOur client is the single most gold producing complex in the World and they are growing their team!.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement