About this role
Structural Engineer is accountable for producing and maintaining structural deliverables (including, but not limited to Calculations, Datasheets, Technical specifications, Material Requisitions, Technical bid evaluations, Schedules, MTO’s, Work volumes) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead Structural Engineer/ Engineering Manager. It is important to have significant experience working on onshore oil and gas projects and work independently on Staad Pro calculations.
The responsibilities of the Structural Engineer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Assist in the Civil and Structural Engineering activities on projects, tenders under the direction of Lead Engineer
- Lead, coordinate, mentor and manage discipline teams on smaller projects when needed.
- Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of Civil and Structural engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements.
- Participate in engineering assignments such as assisting with the development of specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, material take-offs
- Prepare Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and review vendor drawings
- Getting the required inputs from respective disciplines for designing the structures and also managing the weight control during various stages of project.
- Preparing engineering calculations using Staad Pro, excel spread sheets and compiling the calculation report.
- Giving the inputs to designers for them to prepare the drawing. To lead the designer team and taking ownership of the job given.
- Preparing a design that is most suitable for the intended purpose and that suits to the functional requirement of other disciplines and meet customer needs.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
- Take part in 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews
- Review materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager/Project manager.
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients.
- Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients
- Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design
- Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement.
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position.
- Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector in analysis, design and detailing of steel and RCC structures
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of software like Staad Pro, Navisworks
- Must have good working knowledge of codes and standards (AISC, ASTM, API, BS etc…)
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Vacancy number: PUB255002
- Location: Chennai
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Structural Engineer - Tamil Nadu
Confirmation sent to