About this role
Mechanical Engineer is accountable for technical integrity of Mechanical Engineering activities, Producing and maintaining deliverables (including, but not limited to Drawings, Calculations, Datasheets, Technical specifications, Material Requisitions, Technical bid evaluations, Schedules, MTO’s, Work volumes) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead Mechanical Engineer/ Engineering Manager.
The responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Assist in the Mechanical Engineering activities on projects, tenders under the direction of Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager'
- Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements;
- Prepare Equipment specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, material take-offs;
- Prepare Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and vendor drawings;
- Take part in 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews;
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices;
- Review project design basis and specifications to ensure integrity in-line with project requirement;
- Ensure that the selection of equipment is within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager/ Project manager;
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs;
- Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients;
- Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities;
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients;
- Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement;
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Minimum of 7 -10 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position;
- Degree in Mechanical engineering from an accredited university or equivalent;
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector, especially in Mechanical engineering activities related to Pressure vessels, Heat Exchangers, Air Fin coolers, Heaters, Columns, Storage tanks, Compressors, Pumps, Utility equipment, Process skids and packages;
- Must have good working knowledge of codes and standards used in the Industry (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI, TEMA, NACE etc…);
- Engineer shall have good interface knowledge with other disciplines especially Process, Piping, Electrical & Instrumentation etc. and knowledge of all discipline documents and drawings is required;
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Publication: PUB255606
- Location: Chennai
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 45
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Mechanical Engineer - Tamil Nadu
Confirmation sent to