About this role
We are hiring a Lead Structural Engineer for our client. They are an Australian Engineering company focused on leading mining projects globally. This is a contract opportunity with the potential to go long term.
- Prepare cost effective structural engineering designs from conceptual design to detail design, tender and construction in accordance with Canadian Codes and Standards;
- Perform analysis and design of steel structures and concrete foundations for industrial and mining projects;
- Perform site visits and inspect existing structures. Perform evaluation and analysis of existing structures for modifications and additions and propose reinforcement solutions;
- Prepare specifications, design criteria, scope of work and material take-off;
- Complete tasks under minimal supervision ensuring that objectives of cost, quality and time are met;
- Supervise the work of designers and other engineers on the project team;
- Be able to work directly with drafting staff in order to produce detailed drawing packages;
- Liaise with client representatives and general contractors directly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural engineering from a recognized University. (Master’s degree would be considered an asset);
- +12 years’ experience in structural design of mining and industrial projects.
- Heavy industrial experience a must;
- Experience leading structural engineers and designers;
- Experience in studies and major projects;
- Thorough understanding of the design of various building structures and systems for industrial, and mining projects;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario;
- Proficiency in design of steel structures, reinforced concrete structures, and various types of heavy concrete foundations for buildings and equipment. (Masonry and wood framed structural design experience would be considered an asset);
- Proficiency in application of Canadian Codes and Standards. (Proficiency US and International Codes and Standards is an asset);
- Proficiency in structural engineering design software STAAD.Pro, MathCAD and Microsoft Office products. Experience with AutoCAD, NavisWorks and Smart Plant would be considered an asset;
- Experienced in dealing with clients and contractors directly;
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and as part of a multidisciplinary group;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary