About this role
Leading International upstream oil & gas exploration and production company. Exploration, development & production are the core business of the company.
- Implement the company IT policies, plans and programs in line with the company IT strategy;
- Participate in the preparation of the company IT budget and identifying areas of potential performance improvement;
- Implement Company IT standards, procedures and practices in line with international best practice, codes and standards;
- IT security incident response and handling as per IT security operation control procedures with regular compliance system review;
- Configure, setup, install, support and perform IT upgrade on telecommunication systems (VSAT, leased line, internet, wireless, IP phones system, video conference), network infrastructure, hardware system (routers, firewall, switches, file storage, data domain, SIEM system) and all related hardware and software;
- Participate and support offshore networking and telecommunication configuration, setup, install, troubleshooting, design and development requirement;
- Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs and improvement to computers, printers and office equipment;
- To ensure access control for existing and new application system are comply with Group IT Security Policy, compliance and regulatory requirement;
- Support system virtualization, MS Exchange, Operating System, Active Directory, file server, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, SharePoint and related ERP and technical application backend system;
- Support and perform system migration and implementation plan;
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals;
- Provide IT support to the users both onsite and offsite;
- Monitor and maintain the server room facility system in accordance with work schedule plan;
- Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches.
- Research hardware or software products to meet technical networking or security needs;
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment;
- Perform and participate IT audit exercise;
- Obtain network and infrastructure performance and provide periodical reports;
- Carry out periodical checks of backup-up system operation to ensure successful data protection within the Service Level Agreement (SLA);
- Implement critical security patch and antivirus pattern update for company’s computer and associated software;
- Prepare monthly Network and telecommunication Performance Reports;
- Prepare user manual for IT facilities and operational;
- Assist Project Management to prepare and provide project progress reports and updates;
- Critical information gathering for review and decision makings;
- Analyse, troubleshoot and provide suitable technical advice with resolution to the support team and the availability of Help Desk operational and support facilities including the relevant processes;
- Provide first and second level technical support in order to resolve IT problems related to IT network, telecommunication, application system, virtual servers and infrastructure;
- Issue Procurement Requests to ensure that materials can be supplied timely and cost effectively for work operations;
- Maintain and update IT computing and peripheral hardware/software inventory and licenses;
- Co-ordinate and work with vendor in case of any problems to ensure client satisfaction and smooth operations;
- Support the IT DR operation and CRT system facilities requirement;
- Provide users with Windows and Office assistance and tips to ensure effective utilization and enhancement of business operational performance;
- Provide users training and awareness about network security threat and conduct workshops periodically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences plus related network professional certification knowledge of technical and operation standards;
- Well versed with support of Cisco Equipment Systems, Networking and Communications or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years related working experience particular in IT networking and infrastructure;
- ITIL knowledge;
- Upstream oil & gas industry plus telecom experience.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Lackshna Dasan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Malaysia Kuala Lumpur
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement