About this role
Our Client, one of the largest international company specialized in O&M services is currently recruiting for Instrument Engineer based in Kuwait at New Refinery. Candidate should be available in Kuwait on Transferable Visa and can join Immediately / short notice
- The Engineer Process Control will have a responsibility to attend to the preventive and emergency maintenance works in the operating facility of the Refinery. He will have administrative leadership and technical skills to lead a group of crafts man to perform efficiently. He will familiarize himself and implement the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management System and create awareness on safety procedures for his subordinates.
He will be responsible to ensure availability of process operating facilities and provide the optimum response time to breakdown of Instrument systems. He will generate to daily and monthly report on the works carried during the period in addition to the equipment failure analysis report.
NATURE OF EXPERIECE
- Should have experience of working in a similar capacity in the Oil and Gas Industry and preferably in a Hydrocarbon Refinery;
- Should be conversant with state of art Control Instrumentation with special reference to Distributed Control Systems, Control Optimization Techniques and Fault Tolerant Emergency Shut Down Systems;
- Should be conversant with International Standards like API, ANSI and NFPA, NEC, IEEE etc. as are relevant to Control Instrumentation and Safety Practices, necessary in Explosive and Toxic hazardous environment.
- Develop a complete understanding of the Refinery’s operating facilities;
- Closely coordinate with plant operating personnel to provide services as required;
- Responsible to attend the preventive, breakdown and shutdown activities in the plant area;
- Provide administrative leadership and technical guidance to the craftsman;
- Generate Incident / Accident reports and take remedial action;
- Participate and encourage subordinate craftsman to report near miss incidents and safety suggestions;
- Participate in Safety Training courses conducted by the Company like Work Permit Authorization, Handling Breathing Apparatus, Fire Fighting and use of Fire Extinguisher’s etc.;
- Practice the Tool Box talk before commencement of any work plant area;
- Possess good hand-on knowledge of modern Distributed Control System and Fault Tolerant Emergency Shutdowns Systems;
- Repair / Maintenance and Service capability of Custody Transfer Systems, Tank Gauging Systems, Modern Blending Systems, Allen Bradley PLC’s and Bentley Nevada 3500 and system 1 Hardware / Software;
- Computer literate and working experience on two Operating Systems;
- Knowledge on application of Compressor, Turbine and Wood Word Electronic Governor Instrumentation;
- Knowledge of physical methods of analysis and sample conditioning systems and operating principles of process (online) analyzers for qualitative and quantitative assessment using data acquisition computers and microprocessors etc. Typically;
- Gas Chromatographs;
- Ph, Conductivity, Silica, Na Analyzers;
- IBP Analyzers;
- RVP Analyzers;
- UV / IR Flame Detectors;
- Density / Viscosity Analyzers;
- H2S / Hydrocarbon Analyzers;
- Sulphur in Oil Analyzers;
- Oxygen / Co2/Co Analyzers;
- Servicing, maintenance and overhauling of field devices like Control Valves, Field Sensors / Transmitters to provide a reliable process measurement and control instruments;
- Should be able to make rapid and sound decisions;
- In-depth knowledge of typical Control philosophies to optimize process plant operation for Refinery applications;
- Maintain equipment historical and performance records;
- Suggest improvements of the existing job Procedures, Safety Practices, Plant Improvement, Maintenance Manuals and the like of optimize man-hour utilization in a safe manner;
- Liaise with Maintenance Planning Division to generate Maintenance Work Orders, Desk Top Requisitions, Warehouse Catalogue Requests in the Company’s online MAXIMO system and coordinate with other disciplines of the Refinery;
- Project the future spare parts requirement and optimize warehouse inventory;
- Execute approved plant modifications;
- Supervise on behalf of the Company Contract workforce for third party Major Projects.
Trouble Shooting knowledge on Bently Nevada vibration monitors/ Proximeters
- The Engineer Process Control Instrument will have a good command in reading, writing and oral understanding of English as a language. He will be expected to coordinate with other disciplines like Electrical Maintenance, Safety & Fire, Mechanical, Maintenance Planning etc. He will be required to generate equipment failure analysis reports in additions to daily, monthly report on the works carried out in the assigned facilities.
- Engineering Graduate in Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum Eight (8) years’ experience in Maintenance of Process Control Instrumentation in Hydrocarbon Refinery or similar operating plants with 5 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas Industry;
- Knowledge of state of art Distributed Control System and Fault Tolerant Emergency Shutdown System is considered essential. Familiarization with Custody Transfer Systems, Tank Gauging Systems, Modern Blending Systems, Allen Bradley PLC’s and Bentley Nevada System will be an advantage. Must Have experience on working with foundation fieldbus instrumentation system.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Deeksha Vidyadatt Raturi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Deeksha Vidyadatt Raturi
Brunel Energy Kuwait