About this role
Our client a global healthcare leader with products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines is seeking a Project Manager to support the Diabetes Division at their Mississauga, Ontario location.
The Project Manager is the centre of excellence to lead cross functional projects while ensuring strategic alignment for each project.
The Project Manager will manage the full life cycle of each project to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close projects using a governance structure and applying project management methodologies, standards and tools. The Project Manager will also establish a Project Management Office that will centrally track project status and direction to set, maintain, and ensure best practices and standards for project management across the organization. Projects include product launch and projects that align with strategic objectives.
As a change management practitioner, the Project Manager will also be responsible for defining and delivering objectives that go beyond incremental change to rethink business and operating models and drive growth.
Project Management & Governance
- For each project, develop a project charter to include project governance, scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility and strategic alignment
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks. Minimize exposure and risk on projects through early identification and by providing thoughtful and timely recommendations for risk management
- Apply a governance structure to ensure timely project status reporting to leadership, and ensure key stakeholders are informed throughout all phases of the project
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure compliance to regulatory, quality, ethics, and legal for all projects
- Establish and facilitate regular project team meetings
Project Tracking & Monitoring
- Coordinate the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects throughout all phases
- Manage accountability, track project status, manage and escalate project issues and risks as appropriate
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Build work breakdown plans with cross functional team members and track task delivery
- Effectively apply methodology and enforce project standards
- Interface with executives to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges and keep them up-to-date with project risks and opportunities.
Change Management & Process Improvement
- Initiate, design, lead, and implement changes to align with strategic objectives and establish new structures and workstreams that ensure sustainable, repeatable outcomes.
- Recognize the need to change, identify, and engage change champions, promote and build commitment for change
- Champion and lead change using change management methodologies
- Ensure change handover/ knowledge transfer between work streams
- Effectively develop and implement a communication plan around change to pro actively manage and inform the journey to change
Project Management Office
- Introduce best practices and standardized project management tools to establish a Project Management Office that supports the business to develop a disciplined approach to projects
- Be a Project Manager subject matter expert to nurture project management practitioners and share knowledge of industry best practices.
- Introduce a methodology to centrally track and monitor status of multiple projects
- Engage cross functional team members and a Leadership team, as appropriate, to build business plans for projects and ensure strategic alignment
- Understand and direct the entirety of the project to align with the strategy
- Demonstrates an understanding of overall project goals and how results/deliverables impact the larger business organization
- Establish the project organization structure in line with project objectives.
- Build and lead effective cross functional project teams
- Responsible for coordinating project execution across project teams by facilitating frequent cross functional touch points
Knowledge Sharing & Documentation
- Prioritize key activities within the business while managing stakeholder expectations
- Develop and update detailed project plans, schedules and associated communications documents
- Create, maintain and communicate project risk and issue logs
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science (Life or Applied) or related field. MBA is an asset
- 5+ years of project management experience, with experience managing large cross-functional teams
- 3+ years of change management experience
- 2+ years in a Project Management Office environment would be an asset
- 2+ years of performance improvement experience
- 3+ years in a regulated industry such as pharmaceutical, medical device, finance, or other regulated environment
- Certification in PMP, Change Management, or Performance Improvement (Lean, Six Sigma) is an asset
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout Us
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Diana Grodowski is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto