About this role
We’re hiring a Construction Superintendent - Shutdowns for our client, a multinational Mining company, to join their team. This role will be specific to those who have experience with shutdowns. This is a full time, permanent position.
The Construction Superintendent functionally reports directly to the site Manager Construction - Engineering. You will be regularly setting expectations & overseeing; site safety, sequence of work, constructability reviews, engineering designs, field installations, productivity, schedule, quality, trades contractors while coordinating with suppliers, engineering and operations.
- Continually strving for Zero Harm on all projects.
- Delivering Safety Leadership in-the-field, onboarding team members and ensuring task safety requirements are understood and implemented
- Communicating site rules regarding health, safety and environment procedures to project resources and enforcing those rules
- Leading development and approval of Installation & Construction Work Packages
- Establishing the venue and participants for all daily site meetings with contractors, project controls, project management team and safety.
- Establish & supervise Construction Coordinators (CC’s), who in turn co-ordinate the daily safe, quality and efficient work from the contractors.
- Improve & implement Management of Change (MOC) process
- Trades Certificate/Red Seal Journeyperson, Technology Diploma or Bachelor Degree Engineering
- 10+ years of construction leadership experience, preferably in within mining
- Must have heavy experience managing during shutdowns
- Mega project experience is preferred
- A strong safety commitment and advocacy
- Commercial acumen commensurate with role requirements
- Strong problem solving, strategic and analytical capability
- Effective and authoritative communication with coaching skills
- Effective time management and personal organizational skills
- Demonstrate an open minded genuine curiosity towards understanding the needs of business and the impact of applied solutions
- Proven stakeholder management experience
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary