About this role
We’re hiring a Retail Business Manager for our Animal Health client to support the Animal Companion portfolio for a permanent position in Cambridge Ontario
- Achieve Ceva's Pet Retail sales goals for strategic products. Produce a detailed sales plan.
- Work with third-party partners to grow sales.
- Provide accurate sales forecast to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Assist in the development of programs to grow sales.
- Coordinate Pet Retail activities with companion animal marketing and veterinary service teams. Ensure channel distinction between the Retail and Veterinary Channel is maintained through creation and monitoring of all appropriate communication vehicles and promotional activities. Ensure message continuity is achieved between Pet retail and Veterinary channel. Maintain harmonization between veterinary channel and retail channel strategic categories.
- Work directly with retail distributors and direct-to-consumer retail partners to develop marketing strategies, objectives, and tactics as needed.
- Achieve sales and margin goals. Work with trading partners to ensure adequate inventory is maintained through accurate sales forecasting.
- Actively participate with the Companion Animal business unit team to work as a leadership team developing the strategies and direction for the Canadian Companion Animal Business Unit.
- Analyze internal and external data with regard to sales, costs, markets and customers, and to gather and filter competitive intelligence, as well as technical data, to create annual strategic plans. Execute annual plans to achieve business goals. Track and measure progress against that plan, adapting as needed.
- Lead contract negotiation with new and existing partners in collaboration with the Companion Animal BUM and Ceva legal department, build and grow relationships with Pet retail partners in order to ensure a Win-Win strategy to grow the business.
- Collaborate with both domestic and international colleagues from R&D, marketing and supply chain to achieve business goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in sales, business development and marketing positions within animal health and/or pet retail channel. Experience with Food, Drug and Mass is a plus. Amazon/online sales experience is a plus. Candidates should possess an established track record of product placement within the pet retail channel.
- Must be able to work independently and “quarterback” sales and marketing initiatives.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally and cross culturally to influence overall alignment and speed to market.
- A critical thinker who is creative and innovative, and who possesses a well-rounded background in marketing affairs combined with a practical, “common sense” orientation.
- Other: Travel Estimated 30%. Some international travel may be required.
- Bilingual English/French is a plus
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Diana Grodowski is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement